When you go off on your own to explore a dangerous area, tell us how you do it then Roll+:
- DEX if you rely on stealth and agility
- CON if your path is one of hardship and endurance
- CHA if you blend in with the locals
On a 7+, you make it back safely and the GM will describe what you encountered. Then:
- On 10+ pick 3:
- On 7-9 pick 1:
- Ask a question from Discern Realities about what you encountered (you can choose this more than once)
- You were able to sneak something out of there; ask the GM what
- You made some preparation or created some advantage to exploit upon your return; work out the details with the GM
- You got away clean: leaving no trace, rousing no suspicion, etc.
Regardless of your choices, answer the GMs questions about what happened out there. On a 6-, mark XP and choose 1 plus anything else the GM does:
- You make it back to the others but with trouble hot on your heels!
- You're missing in action; the details will be revealed late
- see also Prowling About