When you put out word that you’re looking to hire help , roll:
- +1 if you make it known that your pay is generous
- +1 if you make it known what you’re setting out to do
- +1 if you make it known that they’ll get a share of whatever you find
- +1 if you have a useful reputation around these parts
- On a 10+, you’ve got your pick of a number of skilled applicants, your choice who you hire, no penalty for not taking them along.
- On a 7–9, you’ll have to settle for someone close to what you want or turn them away.
- On a miss someone influential and ill-suited declares they’d like to come along (a foolhardy youth, a loose-cannon, or a veiled enemy, for example), bring them and take the consequences or turn them away. If you turn away applicants you take -1 forward to recruit.