When you approach a wary or hostile NPC and try to communicate, roll +CHA:
- on 10+, they'll hear you out and choose 2
- on 7-9, they'll hear you out and choose 1
- They are impressed, intrigued, or amused by you, as the GM sees fit (otherwise, they remain wary or hostile)
- You've got their complete attention, for now at least (otherwise, they remain alert)
- You glean a valuable insight; ask a question from the Discern Realities list at take +1 forward to act on the answer
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.