(adapted from The Perilous Wilds)
The first tag of a region is always its climate, which include the three found in The Perilous Wilds with two additions.
- Frigid: the coldest part of the world, often covered in ice and snow.
- Savannah: long warm, dry season with short wet monsoon season.
- Temperate: mild, with temperatures generally ranging from warm to cool,and usually subject to the four seasons
of spring, summer, fall, and winter.
- Torrid: the hottest part of the world, including arid deserts and humid jungles.
- Tropical: warm temperatures and regular rainfalls with little seasonal change
The prevailing landscape of a region, area or site
The government which binds places larger than steadings
- tribal lands
- city state
- Safe: A civilized land, refuge in the wild, or sanctuary, where daily life is relatively safe.
- Unsafe: If you watch your back and travel in numbers, you’ll probably get through unharmed.
- Perilous: Here be monsters. Be vigilant, or meet your end.
- Neutral (most common)
- Barren: lacks abundant water and fertile soil. Foraging on Barren terrain is difficult.
- Blighted: cursed, poisoned, or diseased by some maleficent force. Foraging on Barren terrain is dangerous.
- Bountiful: extremely fertile land. Foraging is easy and unregulated.
- Civilized: possesses cultural, social, and/or economic infrastructure that has withstood the test of time. Foraging on civilized land is physically easy but might be viewed as "stealing" in some cultures.
- Contested ( ____ / ____ ): claimed as property by two or more parties, i.e, “Contested (Hawk Tribe/Bull Tribe).”
- Defensible: fortified or possessing natural defenses (cliffs, high ground, etc.)
- Difficult: hard to traverse (swampland, dense jungle, steep hills, etc.).
- Enchanted: imbued with arcane energy that causes some particular effect.
- Holy or Unholy: blessed by some divine power or stained by blasphemy.
- Property ( ____ ): owned by an entity, i.e., “Property (King John)”.
- Resource ( ____ ): contains a substantial amount of something valuable and extractable (gold, timber, crops, etc.), i.e.,“Resource (iron).”