Write the first paragraph of your page here.
- 1 Race
- 2 Alignment
- 3 Classic DW Names
- 4 Classic DW Look
- 5 Stats
- 6 Starting Moves
- 7 Gear
- 8 Level 2-5 Moves
- 9 Level 6-10 Moves
- Human: When you pray for guidance, even for a moment, and ask, “What here is evil?” the GM will tell you, honestly.
- Good: Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.
- Lawful::Deny mercy to a criminal or unbeliever.
Classic DW Names
- Human: Thaddeus, Augustine, Lux, Cassius, Hadrian, Lucia, Octavia, Regulus, Valeria, Sanguinus, Titanius
Classic DW Look
Choose one for each:
- Kind Eyes, Fiery Eyes, or Glowing Eyes
- Helmet, Styled Hair, or Bald
- Worn Holy Symbol or Fancy Holy Symbol
- Fit Body, Bulky Body, or Thin Body
Your maximum HP is 10+Constitution.
Your base damage is d10.
When you dedicate yourself to a mission through prayer and ritual cleansing, state what you set out to do:
- Slay __________, a great blight on the land
- Defend __________ from the iniquities that beset them
- Discover the truth of __________
Then choose up to two boons:
- An unwavering sense of direction to __________.
- Invulnerability to __________(e.g., edged weapons, fire, enchantment, etc.)
- A mark of divine authority
- Senses that pierce lies
- A voice that transcends language
- A freedom from hunger, thirst, and sleep
The GM will then tell you what vow or vows is required of you to maintain your blessing:
- Honor (forbidden: cowardly tactics and tricks)
- Temperance (forbidden: gluttony in food, drink, and pleasure of the flesh)
- Piety (required: observance of daily holy services)
- Valor (forbidden: suffering an evil creature to live)
- Truth (forbidden: lies)
- Hospitality (required: comfort to those in need, no matter who they are)
Lay on Hands
When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being , roll+CHA.
- On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease.
- On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.
You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.
I Am the Law
When you give an NPC an order based on your divine authority, roll+Cha.
- On a 7+, they choose one:
- Do what you say
- Back away cautiously, then flee
- Attack you
- On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them.
- On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.
- Your load is 12+Str modifier
You start with:
- Dungeon Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
- Scale Armor (2 armor, 3 weight)
- some Mark of Faith, describe it (0 weight)
Choose your weapon:
- Halberd (reach, +1 damage, two-handed, 2 weight)
- Long Sword (close, +1 damage, 1 weight) and shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
- Adventuring Gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
- Dungeon Rations (1 weight) and healing potion (0 weight)
Level 2-5 Moves
When you gain a level from 2–5, choose from these moves.
Dedicate yourself to a deity (name a new one or choose one that’s already been established). You gain the commune and cast a spell cleric moves. When you select this move, treat yourself as a cleric of level 1 for using spells. Every time you gain a level thereafter, increase your effective cleric level by 1.
When you take damage you can grit your teeth and accept the blow. If you do you take no damage but instead suffer a debility of your choice. If you already have all six debilities you can’t use this move.
While on a quest you deal +1d4 damage.
When you speak aloud your promise to defeat an enemy, you deal +2d4 damage against that enemy and -4 damage against anyone else. This effect lasts until the enemy is defeated. If you fail to defeat the enemy or give up the fight, you can admit your failure, but the effect continues until you find a way to redeem yourself.
When you lead the charge into combat, those you lead take +1 forward.
When you defend you always get +1 hold, even on a 6-.
When you hack and slash, choose an ally. Their next attack against your target does +1d4 damage.
You get +1 armor while on a quest.
Voice of Authority
Take +1 to order hirelings.
When you heal an ally, you heal +1d8 damage
Level 6-10 Moves
When you gain a level from 6–10, choose from these moves or the level 2–5 moves.
Evidence of Faith
Requires: Divine Favor When you see divine magic as it happens, you can ask the GM which deity granted the spell and its effects. Take +1 when acting on the answers.
Replaces: Smite While on a quest you deal +1d8 damage.
Replaces: Charge! When you lead the charge into combat, those you lead take +1 forward and +2 armor forward.
Replaces: Staunch Defender When you defend you always get +1 hold, even on a 6-. When you get a 12+ to defend instead of getting hold the nearest attacking creature is stymied giving you a clear advantage, the GM will describe it.
Replaces: Setup Strike When you hack and slash, choose an ally. Their next attack against your target does +1d4 damage and they take +1 forward against them.
Replaces: Holy Protection You get +2 armor while on a quest.
Replaces: Voice of Authority Take +1 to order hirelings. When you roll a 12+ the hireling transcends their moment of fear and doubt and carries out your order with particular effectiveness or efficiency.
Replaces: Hospitaller When you heal an ally, you heal +2d8 damage.
When you suffer a debility (even through Bloody Aegis) take +1 forward against whatever caused it.
When you quest you choose three boons instead of two.
return to Character Creation