When you return to a civilized place in which you’ve caused trouble before, roll+Cha.
- On a 10+, word has spread of your deeds and everyone recognizes you.
- On a 7–9, as above, and the GM chooses a complication:
- The local constabulary has a warrant out for your arrest.
- Someone has put a price on your head.
- Someone important to you has been put in a bad spot as a result of your actions.
This move is only for places where you’ve participated in trouble, not every patch of civilization you enter. Being publicly caught up in someone else’s trouble still triggers this move.
Civilization generally means the villages ,towns and cities of humans, elves, dwarves, and halflings but it can also apply to any relatively lawful establishment of monstrous species, such as orcs or goblins. If the PCs have stayed in a place as part of the community, it counts as civilization.