- Magical: It is by nature magical through and through.
- Devious: Its main danger lies beyond the simple clash of battle. Amorphous: Its anatomy and organs are bizarre and unnatural.
- Organized: It has a group structure that aids it in survival. Defeating one may cause the wrath of others. One may sound an alarm.
- Intelligent: It’s smart enough that some individuals pick up other skills. The GM can adapt the monster by adding tags to reflect specific training, like a mage or warrior.
- Hoarder: It almost certainly has treasure.
- Stealthy: It can avoid detection and prefers to attack with the element of surprise.
- Terrifying: Its presence and appearance evoke fear.
- Cautious: It prizes survival over aggression.
- Construct: It was made, not born
- Planar: It’s from beyond this world
- Horde: Where there’s one, there’s more. A lot more.
- Group: Usually seen in small numbers, 3–6 or so.
- Solitary: It lives and fights alone.
- Tiny: It’s much smaller than a halfling.
- Small: It’s about halfling size. Large: It’s much bigger than a human, about as big as a cart.
- Huge: It’s as big as a small house or larger