Classic DW intentionally avoids characterizing the races. Instead, individual GMs are giving free rein to make all of them as unique as they wish. Here are some questions that GMs can think about either while prepping for their first game session or to ask the players during First Session.
1. Are humans the most common race in the known world ?
2. Do humans have the same general height, weight, skin tones, hair color, eye color and anatomy as actual people?
3. Are humans culturally diverse in the known world? What is important or interesting about the specific human culture of the region where the game session/campaign begins?
4. Are any of the adventurers humans from a different region? What are three things that are strikingly different about where they come from and the nearest human settlements?
5.Do the humans of the starting area have good relations with the elves? The dwarves? The halflings? Why? Is this also true for any human adventurers and the region they come from?
6. Do the humans of the starting region worship a particular god or pantheon? What are three important or interesting things about the local human religion or religions?