For organizational purposes, sourcebooks are subdivided into three categories on ADW.
- *Setting Sourcebooks establish a "world" big enough for multiple campaigns for the same GM. They limit collaborative world building by intention and give GMs a strong foundation to create personal campaigns in a more traditional tabletop style.
- Design Sourcebooks create new game system components or expand/alter upon existing ones without creating a campaign setting.
- Hybrid Sourcebooks provide both
- Grim World by Boldly Games
- Inverse World by Liberi Gothica Games (Hybrid)
- The Perilous Wilds by Lampblack & Brimstone (Design)
- The Wyrd of Stromgard by Lost Dutchman Publishing