When you spend some time fishing in a spot where the fish are biting, roll+WIS.
- On 7-9, you take in enough to feed yourself and your companions; these count as rations if you Make Camp in that same day.
- If you roll 10+, choose 1 additional:
- You find a mysterious item as you clean your catch – an engraved ring, a crystal key, a treasure map, or whatever the GM tells you
- One of the fish you reel in speaks your tongue, and offers you a boon if you will spare its life.
- You gain a new understanding of a companion that fishes with you – you can rewrite a bond you have with them, or they can rewrite a bond they have with you
- You attract the attention of a curious and mostly benign creature or spirit.
- One of these fish swam through the Well of Wisdom in the land of Faerie; the next time you Spout Lore, treat a 6- as a partial success.
- You become familiar with the countryside and wildlife around you – take +1 ongoing to whichever role you choose when you Undertake a Perilous Journey in this area.
- Tell the GM what person, place, or thing you recently encountered and are spending your time thinking about, and ask them one question from the Discern Realities list about it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.