- 1 Race
- 2 Alignment
- 3 Classic DW Names
- 4 Classic DW Look
- 5 Stats
- 6 Starting Moves
- 7 Bonds
- 8 Level 2-5 Moves
- 9 Level 6-10 Moves
- Dwarf: When you share a drink with someone, you may parley with them using CON instead of CHA.
- Elf : Choose one weapon—you can always treat weapons of that type as if they had the precise tag.
- Halfling: When you defy danger and use your small size to your advantage, take +1.
- Human: Once per battle you may reroll a single damage roll (yours or someone else’s).
- Evil- Kill a defenseless or surrendered enemy.
- Good- Defend those weaker than you.
- Neutral- Defeat a worthy opponent.
Classic DW Names
- Dwarf: Ozruk, Surtur, Brunhilda, Annika, Janos, Greta, Dim, Rundrig, Jarl, Xotoq
- Elf: Elohiir, Sharaseth, Hasrith, Shevaral, Cadeus, Eldar, Kithracet, Thelian
- Halfling: Finnegan, Olive, Randolph, Bartleby, Aubrey, Baldwin, Becca
- Human: Hawke, Rudiger, Gregor, Brianne, Walton, Castor, Shanna, Ajax, Hob
Classic DW Look
Choose one for each:
- Hard Eyes, Dead Eyes, or Eager Eyes
- Wild Hair, Shorn Hair, or Battered Helm
- Calloused Skin, Tanned Skin, or Scarred Skin
- Built Body, Lithe Body, or Ravaged Body
Choose a base description, all are 2 weight:
Choose the range that best fits your weapon:
Choose two enhancements:
- Hooks and spikes. +1 damage, but +1 weight.
- Sharp. +2 piercing.
- Perfectly weighted. Add precise.
- Serrated edges. +1 damage.
- Glows in the presence of one type of creature, your choice.
- Huge. Add messy and forceful.
- Versatile. Choose an additional range.
- Well-crafted. -1 weight.
Choose a look:
Bend Bars, Lift Gates
When you use pure strength to destroy an inanimate obstacle, roll+Str.
- On a 10+, choose 3.
- On a 7-9 choose 2.
- It doesn’t take a very long time
- Nothing of value is damaged
- It doesn’t make an inordinate amount of noise
- You can fix the thing again without a lot of effort
You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear
Classic DW Gear
- Your Maximum Load is 12+Str modifier.
You carry your
- signature weapon
- dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight).
Choose your defenses:
- Chainmail (1 armor, 1 weight) and adventuring gear (1 weight)
- Scale armor (2 armor, 3 weight)
- 2 Healing potions (0 weight)
- Shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
- Antitoxin (0 weight),
- dungeon rations (1 weight) and poultices and herbs (1 weight)
- 22 coins
Fill in the name of one of your companions in at least one:
__________ owes me their life, whether they admit it or not.
I have sworn to protect __________ .
I worry about the ability of __________ to survive in the dungeon.
__________ is soft, but I will make them hard like me.
Level 2-5 Moves
When you deal damage, deal +1d4 damage.
When you consult the spirits that reside within your signature weapon, they will give you an insight relating to the current situation, and might ask you some questions in return, roll+CHA.
- On a 10+, the GM will give you good detail.
- On a 7-9, the GM will give you an impression.
When you make your armor take the brunt of damage dealt to you, the damage is negated but you must reduce the armor value of your armor or shield (your choice) by 1. The value is reduced each time you make this choice. If the reduction leaves the item with 0 armor it is destroyed.
Choose one extra enhancement for your signature weapon.
When you discern realities during combat, you take +1.
When you parley using threats of impending violence as leverage, you may use STR instead of CHA.
Scent of Blood
When you hack and slash an enemy, your next attack against that same foe deals +1d4 damage.
Get one move from another class. Treat your level as one lower for choosing the move.
You gain +1 armor.
When you have access to a forge you can graft the magical powers of a weapon onto your signature weapon. This process destroys the magical weapon. Your signature weapon gains the magical powers of the destroyed weapon.
Level 6-10 Moves
Replaces: Merciless When you deal damage, deal +1d8 damage.
Replaces: Armor Mastery When you choose to let your armor take the brunt of damage dealt to you, the damage is negated and you take +1 forward against the attacker, but you must reduce the armor value of your armor or shield (your choice) by 1. The value is reduced each time you make this choice. If the reduction leaves the item with 0 armor it is destroyed.
Requires: Seeing Red When you enter combat, roll+CHA.
- On a 10+, hold 2.
- On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold to make eye contact with an NPC present, who freezes or flinches and can’t act until you break it off.
- On a 6-, your enemies immediately identify you as their biggest threat.
Taste of Blood
Replaces: Scent of Blood When you hack and slash an enemy, your next attack against that same foe deals +1d8 damage.
Required: Multiclass Dabbler Get one move from another class. Treat your level as one lower for choosing the move.
Replaces: Iron Hide You gain +2 armor.
Through Death’s Eyes
When you go into battle, roll+WIS.
- On a 10+, name someone who will live and someone who will die.
- On a 7-9, name someone who will live or someone who will die. Name NPCs, not player characters. The GM will make your vision come true, if it’s even remotely possible.
- On a 6- you see your own death and consequently take -1 ongoing throughout the battle.
Eye for Weaponry
When you look over an enemy’s weaponry, ask the GM how much damage they do.
When you hack and slash on a 12+ you deal your damage, avoid their attack, and impress, dismay, or frighten your enemy.
return to Character Creation