Dungeon World was designed to be easily customized by GMs and/or game designers who wish to make changes, additions, or alterations to the RAW or "read-as-written" corebook rules. Below is material that has been released online to encourage customization. Like the suggestions provided elsewhere in the wiki, the collected hacks might be useful for some people but not everyone.
Custom Mechanics are a category of "hacks" which remove a core system component from Dungeon World and replace it with an alternative way of doing things. Generally, this means modification to other elements of the system like certain moves or playbook format.
- Abilities without Scores (Replace Stat Scores) by Yochai Gal
- Battlefield Moves by CrudelyDrawnSwords
- Conscripting An Army by Steelsmiter
- Drives (Replace Alignment)
- Madness by Andrew Fish
- Monster Creation Revised by Ray Otus
- Flags (Replace Bonds)
- Simplifying Fronts from Mike Shea of Sly Flourish
- Stress by Oron Wright
- Followers (Replace Hirelings ) from Perilous Wilds
- Travel & Exploration (replace several Special Moves) from Perilous Wilds
- List of Custom Moves